Developing software in an embedded environment is very different, and much more challenging than developing software in an IT or shrink-wrap environment. When writing embedded programs you can't just fire up a debugger any time you feel like it. You can't just put in a bunch of print statements, or add a bunch of logging lines. You can't run code profilers or code coverage tools.
Indeed, you probably don't have a console to type on. You probably don't have a printer to send debug messages to. And you probably execute in a slow processor with limited memory so bytes and microseconds really matter.
At ReoxSoft, we understand the problems of embedded development. We have decades of experience working in highly constrained embedded environments. And we know the principles, patterns, and practices that can help an embedded team get their projects done.
Do you have an embedded systems project that you need to resource? Do you need to bring embedded expertise to one of your project teams? TechBizSoft can augment your team on- or off-site. We specialize in creating well-designed, well-tested solutions. And we practice what we teach so your embedded solution will:
- Leverage object-oriented design principles to increase reliability
- Leverage design patterns to accelerate delivery and improve reliability
- Be dual targeted for cost-effective deployment
- Be developed using Agile principles, practices and processes
- Leverage automated unit testing on the development system to eliminate bugs
- Leverage automated acceptance testing to ensure fit to customer
- Utilize continuous test and integration to increase delivery velocity
- Use code library statistics (e.g. tests run, passed, failed, outstanding) as a progress metric